1. Terms and conditions
(3) You agree that the Website may temporarily or permanently cease providing all or any part of the Services as the case may be without any liability.
2. Third Party Websites and Links
The Website may contain links to other Internet resources or websites maintained by third parties with whom the Website has no relationship. The services and information provided in such third parties’ websites are not under the control of this Website, and only such said third parties shall be responsible for the services and information they provide. You agree that you shall bear your own risk and damages you may suffer from surfing other websites on yourself, and that the Website is not liable for any such damages. The Website makes no warranties or representations, expressed or implied, as to, including but not limited to, the appropriateness, effectiveness, accuracy, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of the search results or links contained in the Website.
3. Account Name and Password Security
(1) You agree to comply with the following requirements on registration for the Services:
(a) Completing the procedure of registration and providing the most updated, accurate and complete information required during the procedure of registration or transaction.
(b) Updating your information from time to time to ensure the provided information is updated, accurate and complete. If you provide misleading, false or insufficient information, the Website reserves the right to suspend or cease providing all or any part of the Services for you, and you shall be liable for any damage or loss arising therefrom.
(2) After completing the procedure of registration for the Services, you will receive an e-mail confirmation at the e-mail address provided by you. You are obliged to maintain and keep confidential of your account name and password without disclosing to any third party. It is assumed that you are using the Services in person when accessing the Website with your account name and password. You also agree that:
(a) If you are aware or in doubt that your account name or password is being used by other people or it appears that there might be a security concern, you shall inform relevant unit of the Website immediately in order to minimize your loss. However, the Website is not liable for any damage or loss you might incur therefrom.
(b) You shall always close your browser and log out once you have finished surfing the Website to prevent other people from gaining access to your information.
(1) By registering, using, or surfing the Website, you agree that the Website may collect and use your personal information for the purpose of providing and improving the Services. For example, for the purpose of improving the contents of advertisement or webpage provided for you, fulfilling your requirement on certain product or service, or informing you of the messages about special activities or new products. The said use of your personal information includes but not limited to the cross-border transmission, storage, or internal use by and among the Website, affiliates of the Website, and outsourcing companies of the Website.
(3) The Website will collect and record your personal information as follows:
(a) At the time of registering with the Website, you will be asked for your name, e-mail address, phone number, address, nationality, and the means of purchase. Your information will be recorded after you complete the registration and log on the Website to use the Services.
(b) The Website will also collect and record the server data on your browser including the IP address, HANDLINK cookie data and the records of the webpage you have accessed.
(4) The Website may disclose your personal information or relevant telecommunication information to government agencies, judicial authorities or certain third party in the following circumstances:
(a) To comply with relevant laws and regulations or the orders of competent authorities.
(c) To ensure the security and legal rights of the Website.
(d) To provide other services for you with your permission.
(5) Except for the circumstances prescribed in the preceding paragraph, the Website will not sell or provide your personal information to anyone.
(6) To ensure your privacy and security, the Website uses the standard SSL security protocol to secure information transmission under some circumstances.
5. Minor Protection
6. Obligation of the User
(1) You represent and warrant that you shall not use the Website for any illegal purposes or in any illegal ways, and that you will comply with relevant laws and regulations of Taiwan as well as the international practice of using the Internet. If you are a user located outside Taiwan, ROC, you further represent and warrant that you will comply with relevant laws and regulations of your country. In addition, you represent and warrant that you shall not engage in any activity against public policy and morals, relevant laws and regulations, or the rights of others, including but not limited to:
(a) Publishing, transmitting, sending, or storing any information, e-mail, word, picture, or any form of file which may be deemed defamation, insult, damages to reputation or goodwill, fraud, threatening act, attack, false statement, obscenity, pornography, gambling, public policy violation or morals offense or illegal.
(b) Publishing, transmitting, sending, or storing any information, e-mail, word, picture, or any form of file which may be deemed an infringement upon privacy, trade secret, trademark, copyright, patent, any other intellectual property right or relevant right of others.
(c) Violating the obligation of confidentiality pursuant to relevant laws or agreements.
(d) Using the account name of any other person to get access to the Website or other relevant websites, or intending to interrupt the identification of the source of transmission by counterfeiting the source of message or other methods.
(e) Publishing, transmitting, sending, or storing any code information which contains computer virus or causes any interruption, damage or limitation on the function of software or hardware.
(f) Engaging in any activity that might damage or the operation of the system of the Website.
(g) Engaging in any illegal transaction or spreading any misleading or false message or any message that induces commission of crime.
(h) Selling guns, drugs, prohibited drugs, pirated software or other contraband.
(i) Sending advertising letters, junk mails, spam, any other letters without specific purposes, or messages regarding illegal pyramid schemes.
(j) Posing harm to the minor in any way.
(k) Providing any support or resource for terrorist acts.
(l) Engaging in any activity to steal, track, or interrupt the information of others, or collecting or storing the personal information of others for the aforementioned purposes.
(m) Engaging in any other activity which is deemed inappropriate by the Website.
(2) If any third party claims that you breach the aforementioned agreement, infringe the rights of others, or involve in any other dispute, the Website may at any time delete, move, or hold the storage, or cease providing all or any part of the Services without notice. You shall bear all legal liabilities arising from the said breach, infringement or involvement, and further be liable for all damages and losses incurred by the Website and any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, managers, agents, employees, partners, and licensors.
7. Suspension or Interruption
Due to scheduled system maintenance, the system of the Website may be temporarily suspended or interrupted, which may cause inconvenience for your use, information mistaken, missing, or tampered by others, or other financial losses. You shall take relevant protective measures at your own when using the Website to prevent from such damages or losses. Unless otherwise caused by any intentional act or gross negligence of the Website, the Website is not liable for any damage or loss arising from your using (or your being unable to use) of the Website.
8. Software or Information Download
The Website makes no representation or warranty regarding the software or information you have downloaded from the Website. You shall verify the appropriateness, accuracy, completeness, effectiveness, and non-infringement of the software or information by yourself before downloading. The Website is not liable for any damage or loss incurred therefrom.
9. Information or Advertisement
(1) The Website makes no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy of the information you received from the Website. You shall consult relevant professionals’ opinions to see whether such information meets your need.
(2) The wWebsite may at any time cooperate with any third party (hereinafter the “Provider”) to publish the materials of advertisements, messages, or e-newsletter provided by the Provider on the Website. The Website will cite the name of the Provider beside the material which is provided by the Provider and published on the Website. For the purpose of respecting the intellectual property right of the Provider, the Website does not review the appropriateness of the materials provided by the Provider, nor does the Website make any revision on such materials. As a result, the Website makes no representation or warranty that the materials published on the Website are authentic, complete or legal. All advertisements are requested by the advertising companies to be published on the Website are through the solicitation of advertising companies. Therefore, the advertising companies or the sponsors other than the Website shall be liable for any damage or loss incurred from the contents of such advertisements.
You acknowledge and agree that:
(1) The Website makes no warranties or representations, expressed or implied, as to, including but not limited to, the merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of the Services. The services or information provided on this Website is “AS IS” and is based on the circumstances at the time of providing such services or information. You shall bear your own risks when using the Website. The Website makes no representation or warranty that the transmission or storage of any e-mail, file or information is reliable, accurate, secure, complete, or is free from being interrupted or mistaken, or that any product or service you acquire from the Website meets your expectations. As a result, the Website is not liable for any damage or loss arising from any failure, loss or mistake on the transmission or storage of any e-mail, file or information, nor is the Website liable for any damage or loss arising from the product or service which does not meet your expectations. You shall bear the risk of downloading or by any other methods acquiring the information from the Website, and shall be liable for any damage or loss incurred therefrom.
(2) The Website and its subsidiaries, affiliates, managers, employees, agents, partners and licensors are not liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential or punitive damage or loss you incur by using the Services.
11. Code of Conduct
You are liable for any damage or loss arising from the data, word, software, music, audio, picture, video, message or any other information which is published, transmitted or distributed by you. For the reason that the information posted on the Website is not under control of the Website, nor is it reviewed by the Website, the Website makes no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy, completeness or quality of such information, nor is the Website liable for any loss or damage incurred therefrom. By using the information provided by a third party, you agree that you have identified and evaluated its accuracy, and that you will take your own risks. The Website may refuse or delete any information it deems inappropriate at its own discretion. The Website may also preserve the said information you provided or disclose to any government agency, judicial police authority, or guardian of the minor according to relevant laws or regulations or in the following circumstances:
(1) Required by relevant laws or regulations or the competent authority.
(2) To meet the requirements of providing the Services.
(3) To prevent substantial harm upon the rights of others.
(4) To avoid an imminent danger which threatens the life, body, freedom, right, or property of you and the public.
You acknowledge that the Website and the software contained in the Website may contain digital data security components and the guidelines for using such components. You shall not intend to breach any of such guidelines. Any reproduction, publication or distribution of all or any part of the information provided by the Website is prohibited without authorization.
12. Intellectual Property Right
(1) The Website or other right holder is entitled to the intellectual property right on any program or software used by the Website and on any material contained in the Website, including but not limited to, the picture, file, information, structure of the Website, design of the webpage. Such intellectual property right includes but not limited to, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and know-how. You shall not, without prior written consent of the Website or such right holder, use or transfer the said program, software or material. If you use or transfer the said program, software or material without prior written consent, you shall be liable for any damage or loss the Website or relevant right holder incurs therefrom.
(2) You shall not upload, transmit, enter, or provide any information on the Website if you have no right to use, revise, reproduce, distribute, publicly display or grant a license to others. By uploading, transmitting, entering, or providing any information into or for the Website, you represent that you have licensed the Website to use, reproduce, translate, publicly broadcast, publicly display, publicly transmit, publicly present and sub-license such information without infringement upon the intellectual property right of any third party; otherwise, you shall be liable for any damage or loss that the Website might suffer.
(3) The Website respects the intellectual property right of others. In order to protect the intellectual property right of the Website or others, the Website may suspend or cease providing the Services for the person who is likely to infringe the right of others. If there is a potential infringement upon your intellectual property right, please provide the Website with the following information:
(a) Electronic or normal signature of the owner of intellectual property right.
(b) Explanation of the claim on the infringement upon intellectual property right.
(c) Explanation as to the location of the information related to claimed infringement.
(d) Your telephone number, address and e-mail address for contact.
(e) Statement in which you believe in good faith that such use is not permitted by the owner of intellectual property right or its agent or by relevant laws.
(f) Statement that you understand your liability for false statement, the fact that the said information is accurate, and the fact that you are the owner or legal representative of intellectual property right.
To know more about the contact information for the Website, please refer to http://www.handlink.com/contact_us.php
13. Advice and Feedback
When you provide any idea, suggestion or proposal on the webpage of Advice and Feedback of the Website (hereinafter the “Advice and Feedback”), you acknowledge and agree that:
(1) The Advice and Feedback provided by you is not confidential or exclusive.
(2) The Website has no obligation of confidentiality for the Advice and Feedback.
(3) The Website may, for any purpose and by any method, use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) the Advice and Feedback.
(4) An idea or proposal similar to the Advice and Feedback may have been under consideration or in the process of development by the Website.
(5) The Advice and Feedback provided by you shall be the property of the Website without any obligation or liability to you.
(6) You have no right to claim any damages, compensation or consideration to the Website regarding the Advice and Feedback under any circumstance.
14. General Provision